I am extremely satisfied with my experience with NYC Retina. I have been accompanying my grandfather to regular visits over several months. There are so many things I am happy about – I’ll take the time to list them:
– there is a parking garage on the block that NYC retina patients can park in free of charge with validated stamp card
– the clinic is very clean, modern, and well-cared for
– patient safety is key and patients are asked to wear a mask. Masks are provided at the front desk. Staff exhibits role model behavior by also wearing masks (this matters when working with elderly patients like my grandfather).
– we are always promptly seen. Our visits are efficient but thorough
– all of the staff members are knowledgeable and kind. I haven’t had a single unsatisfactory experience with anyone on staff, which unfortunately is rare in NYC healthcare system
– we usually are able to choose a preferential time slot & we get reminder phone calls
– Dr. F is wonderful!!! He makes efforts to converse with patients in their language. He involves the patient in a thorough and informative decision-making process. He provides clear explanations. Between the many visits and surgery, my grandfather has always been very happy with the care he has received.
– most importantly, my grandfather’s vision has improved drastically since beginning care with Dr. F. This is most important because his mental health has improved with it. I’m very appreciative – and having a lot of experience with NYC healthcare system, I can confidently say NYC retina is a rare gem.